Realising our potential – Position for impact
Carey is committed to excellence, and is conscious that this is not achieved without intentional and focused effort. Our credibility is at stake, and we are never content with the substandard or dreary. The dual theme for this stage will be Realising our Potential – Positioning for Impact.
With a new campus about to open in Forrestdale, and a newly built community centre at Harrisdale, much of the energy and activity in this next stage will be devoted to ensuring that the potential offered by these new ventures is realised. The balance will be taken by positioning ourselves for future longer-term impact.
Realising our potential
Recognising the opportunities opened by our new and existing ventures, we plan to realise our potential in six key areas:
- Serve and develop those in the early years
- Serve and develop children
- Serve and develop youth
- Serve and develop Indigenous Australians
- Serve and develop the disadvantaged
- Develop servant leaders
Position for impact
While much of our energy will be devoted to realising the potential created by the launch of both the Carey Centre and the Carey Forrestdale campus, Carey is committed to replant itself over and over again.
We recognise that there is a fair lag time between spotting an opportunity and being able to realise it, and although we do not anticipate planting a third Carey campus within the Carey 2020 time frame, we plan to position ourselves for increased future impact by:
- Identifying the location and purchasing the necessary land for the next Carey; and
- Developing the leadership and organisational capacity to enable future development to proceed smoothly