2016 WACE Results
Carey Baptist College is driven by a mission to Attempt the Extraordinary through excellent and holistic education. As a school community, we value the unique gifts and talents each student brings as we partner with parents to develop their child’s individual purpose. Out of our commitment to celebrating all students, we are proud to share the achievements of our 2016 Year 12 students and teachers.
A snapshot of the Carey 2016 Year 12 cohort WACE results:
- Outstanding grade accuracy
- Median ATAR 82.20
- More than half of Carey ATAR students ranked in the top 20% of Australia.
- Twenty five students achieved an ATAR in the top 10% of Australia.
- Seven students achieved an ATAR in the top 5% of Australia.
- The Carey Dux attained an ATAR of 99.65; ranking them in the top 0.35% of Australia
Special congratulations to the following students:
- Lauren Gill:
92% for Math Methods
97.6% for Chemistry (Certificate of Excellence)
- Mireille Christie:
92.1% for Modern History (Certificate of Excellence)
- Jayden Blockley:
94.8% for Music; including 97% for his Practical exam
7 Certificates of Distinction
- Mireille Christie
- Lauren Gill
- Evyn Johnson
- Jacob Sheets
- Joshua West
- Benjamin Wright
School Curriculum and Standards Authority Awards
Subject recognised for top performance
- Outdoor Ed
- Health Studies
Congratulations to all students who received their WACE certificates in 2016.